We’re blogging live today, tomorrow and Friday from Inman News’ Real Estate Connect in New York City. You can follow all the action in real time by following us on Twitter, @Century21, and following the event hashtag, #ICNY.
This morning Inman’s Chief Evangelist Chris Smith (@Chris_Smth) and Social Media Director Katie Lance (@KatieLance) shared the results of a recent survey they conducted of who they call “the agents of tomorrow.” They surveyed agents who make $100,000 a year to find out what they love and hate about working in real estate.
Some of the survey results were quite surprising:
- 92% of agents surveyed spend less than 15 hours a month in the office
- 61% of agents surveyed are considering opening their own brokerage
- 75% of agents surveyed have a Facebook business page, 47% of those pages have over 500 fans
- 69% of agents surveyed said paperwork is the #1 thing they wish they could outsource
- The #1 reason an agent will leave your brokerage: lack of technology support
You are our agents of tomorrow, what do you think about these findings?