Our very own Rick Davidson is an avid climber and in a few weeks he will combine his passion for adventure with his dedication to Easter Seals when he takes on the Alaskan mountain range to raise funds for the Make the First Five Count campaign. This new initiative focuses on the first five years of a child’s life.
In 2010 alone, Easter Seals served 1.4 million children, adults and their families. As you can imagine, the cost of care can be quite high. Your donation can help improve a family’s quality of life.
Every $1,000 dollars raised can provide:
- A child or teen with disabilities the joy of a week at summer camp
- A child with cerebral palsy 10 hours of physical therapy
- Five non-verbal children with a single message communication device to interact with others
- A month of after-school services for a child or teen with developmental delays
- Three children with disabilities access to summer speech therapies
Rick’s climb kicks off July 3rd. Please consider donating here and stay tuned for live updates from the trip!