If you had a legal problem, would you proceed without an attorney? How about a tax problem—would you hire a CPA? Then why would you even consider trying to sell your home without the assistance of a real estate agent?
Real estate agents are licensed professionals trained to assist you before, during and even after you sell your home. A qualified agent can save you time and money, reduce stress and streamline the entire process.
Here are some additional advantages for working with a qualified agent:
- An agent can provide you with current market information, such as which houses are for sale, what their listing prices are and how long they’ve been on the market. He or she will also help you set a realistic price for your home–to get it sold quickly, at the best price and with the least stress.
- Your agent will recommend ways to improve the marketability of your home, such as fresh paint or landscaping to improve curb appeal.
- An agent will market your home to both the general public and to other agents. According to National Association of Realtors statistics, 82% of sales result from agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends and family.
- An agent will know how and when to advertise your property.
- An agent will prequalify prospects so you don’t have to allow strangers into your home.
- Your agent will help you evaluate offers on your home as well as negotiate the terms of the contract on your behalf.
- When issues arise—as they do in every transaction—your agent will be there to help resolve them and keep the deal on track to closing.
- Your agent will be there every step of the way, to guide you, advise you and ensure that everything goes smoothly.